We collect and process personal data to help us deliver a range of statutory services which include:
- bin collections, including rubbish, recycling, garden and clinical waste
- recycling banks
- street cleaning
We outsource these services to Biffa. Please read their privacy notice at www.biffa.co.uk/privacy-statement
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect:
- your contact details, including your name, address, email address, phone number
- your bank details or credit/debit card details where a payment for a service is required
- other personal information need to deal with an enquiry, request or complaint
- CCTV footage taken outside your home.
What is the lawful basis for processing your personal data?
We process personal data in order to carry out duties necessary to comply with our legal obligations for the collection of household waste in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) 1990.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with:
- other teams within the council to assist with complaints or other enquiries
- Biffa, our current waste contractor
- the police and other services involved in fraud investigations and for the prevention, detection and prosecution of crime.
We will not share your information with any other organisations unless required to do so by law or with your consent.
How long do we store your data?
Our retention schedule outlines the timeframes for keeping your data.
Our main privacy notice provides further information about data protection, including guidance on:
- How to access your information
- Your rights
- DPO contact details
- ICO website
Biffa Privacy Statement