We process personal data relating to business rates to carry out our duties as a local authority. This includes:
- related processing
- financial and criminal investigations, or
- any administrative tasks reasonably required to carry out those functions.
We will provide the Cabinet Office business rates data for data matching purposes. This data will be used to check against other systems and local authorities to prevent and detect fraud.
This is in accordance with Section 6 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, as part of the National Fraud Initiative, or where otherwise provided for in law.
Please see our main privacy notice for more information about your rights.
Find out more about the Cabinet Office's National Fraud Initiative on gov.uk
Sharing personal information
To carry out the work of the business rates service, we will share information, including personal data, with other services in the council, in particular, our IT, legal and finance services.
We may also share personal data externally with:
- other partner organisations where we have to by law
- third parties who help us deliver or improve the business rates service under a data processing or data sharing agreement
- enforcement bodies carrying out their own public role as the law permits.
For further information about how we process personal data, your data rights, how to access your data and how to raise a concern or contact our Data Protection Officer, please refer to our main privacy notice.