Last updated: 5 December 2022
This accessibility statement applies to the Waverley website and other websites we use to deliver our services.
This website is run by Waverley Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, this means you should be able to:
- navigate most of the website using a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screenreader
- change the font size of the text without the text spilling off the screen
We’ve also tried to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- older PDF documents and some submitted by third parties are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams and videos of our council meetings do not have captions
- some online forms and partner website we use to deliver our services are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- online maps are not accessible to screen reader software.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in ten working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘Contact us’ page, call 01483 523333 or email us email@example.com for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact the Website Manager:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Visiting us in person
For people who have hearing aids, we have a standard hearing loop in reception and infra-red loops in the council chamber and our committee meeting rooms.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Waverley Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- some older PDF documents, and some supplied by other parties, are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- videos of council meetings do not have captions
- our planning maps and Google maps are not accessible.
Select the relevant heading below to see specific non-compliance issues.