We collect and process your personal data to manage bookings for the cinema and events at the Borough Hall in Godalming. You can also opt-in to receive emails with information about forthcoming events. Below we explain how and why we use your personal information.
How we collect information about you
We will obtain your personal information when you register on our website or buy a ticket. This includes your:
- name, phone number, email address and home address
- marketing and communications preferences
Why we process your data (legal basis for processing)
We process your data to:
- Send you information about forthcoming events, special offers and competitions, provided you have given your consent.
- To fulfil a contract when we process your booking when we store your contact details in case we need to contact you if a show is cancelled or there is a problem with your payment.
- Ask you for your feedback and ideas on how to improve our services in the future, provided you have given your consent.
If you’re under 18, please ensure you have your parent or guardian’s consent before you give us any personal information.
Sharing your information
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are:
- We share your data with service providers who process data on our behalf – eg our ticketing system (The Little Box Office), our email distribution provider (Mailchimp). We require all third parties to respect the privacy of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
- We share your data with specific, named visiting companies whose performances you have attended. In these cases, we will always ask for your explicit consent before disclosing your personal information.
- We do not sell personal details to third parties for any purpose.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may share your contact information to protect someone’s life or to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Security of your personal data
We have set up appropriate safeguards to keep your information secure. Any third parties we use to process your personal information are required to do the same.
We will not transfer, process or store your data outside the European Economic Area, unless we have a contractual agreement in place that is of an equivalent standard to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you use your credit or debit card to purchase from us, we will ensure that this is carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). We never store your 3 or 4-digit security code.
How long we keep your personal information
Once you have bought your tickets and you have attended an event at the Borough Hall, we will keep your personal information for up to seven years.
If you have purchased a ticket for a future event and ask to be removed from our database before the event, we will need to retain your personal data until the event has taken place.
If you have consented to receiving marketing from us, will continue to send you information until you ask to unsubscribe from our database.
What we may need from you
As a security measure, you may need to supply information to help us confirm your identity.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Our main privacy notice explains your data rights, how to access your information, cookie use and how to contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01483 523071
- Post: Data Controller, Borough Hall, Bridge Street, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR