What we collect
- household rubbish from your black bin - every two weeks
- recycling from your blue bin - every two weeks
- food waste from your green caddy - every week
- Textiles and small electrical items – on request
Please put your bins out by 6am on your collection day.
Check your bin collection day
Check and report missed collections online
What can be recycled from home?
What to put in which bin
We collect garden waste as a paid for subscription service.
Small electricals and textiles collection
We offer a free service to take away your small broken or unwanted electrical items and textiles.
Pink bin collections for small electrical items for communal flats only take place weekly as follows:
- Tuesday - GU7 / GU8
- Wednesday - GU27 / GU26
- Thursday - GU4 / GU5 / GU6
- Friday - GU9 / GU10
What happens if I forget to put my bins out?
If you forget to put your bin out by 6am on your scheduled collection day, we can't return to collect it. Please put it out at the next scheduled collection day.
What if I have difficulties putting my bins out for collection?
If you're experiencing difficulties in putting your bins out and don't have anyone who can help you, apply for our assisted bin collection service.
Report damage caused by a bin lorry
If your vehicle or property has been damaged by a bin lorry, then please submit the online form below to our waste contractor (Biffa) to allow them to investigate your claim.
- Please include photos of the damage with your claim
- Your claim will be handled directly by our waste contractors (Biffa)
- If you should have any questions, please call our waste contractors on 01252 724157
Report the incident to our waste contractor online