Skip to main content

Apply to close a road

If you are planning to hold a parade, a sporting or entertainment event or a street party and you want the road closed to traffic, you need to apply for a road closure order. 

Applying for a road closure 

We can, in consultation with relevant authorities like Surrey Police and Surrey County Council, temporarily close a road for public events, such as street parties, or processions held on a road.  

Apply online

Application for road closure order

Guidance on organising street parties

Your guide to organising a street party (