The Chancellor announced a £4.6b funding package on 5 January 2021. It is aimed at supporting businesses through the latest restrictions.
While we await detailed information on the funding packages and eligibility criteria for the various schemes, we are working behind the scenes to put systems in place to process applications and pay businesses as quickly as possible.
If you would like to be informed as soon as any new grants schemes go live, please sign-up to our business e-newsletter by visiting the dedicated business website: www.businesswaverley.co.uk.
On 31 October the Government announced a series of measures to support businesses required to close due to either national or local restrictions.
This includes the Local Restrictions Support Grant – under which businesses that meet the eligibility criteria will be paid according to the schedule below:
- grants of £1,334 per month, or £667 per two weeks, for properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- grants of £2,000 per month, or £1,000 per two weeks, for properties with a rateable value of between £15,000-£50,000
- grants of £3,000 per month, or £1,500 per two weeks, for properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or over.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be in the borough of Waverley and have been:
- open as usual before the restrictions.
- providing services in person to customers from the premises.
- required to close due to restrictions imposed by government.
- paying business rates for the premises before restrictions started.
The scheme will apply after the very high level of restrictions has been in force for two weeks.
How to apply
Apply for the period 5 Nov – 1 Dec (We are still accepting retrospective applications and processing existing applications.)
Apply for the period 2 December 2020 onwards
Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
Businesses that were not required to close but which were severely impacted due to local Tier 2 restrictions may be eligible for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open). This grant applies to Waverley based businesses from 2 December 2020 to 25 December 2020.
To qualify for this grant, your business must be registered to pay Business Rates in the borough of Waverley and be in one of the following sectors:
- Hospitality – including public houses, bars, restaurants and cafés
- Hotels and bed & breakfasts
- Leisure – including sports venues, cinemas, entertainment venues including public halls
The amount you receive depends on the rateable value (RV) of your premises:
- Businesses with RV of £15,000 or less may be eligible for a cash grant of up to £467 (pro rata) for each 14 day period
- Businesses with RV over £15,000 and less than £51,000 may be eligible for a cash grant of up to £700 (pro rata) for each 14 day period
- Businesses with RV of £51,000 or above may be eligible for a cash grant of up to £1,050 (pro rata) for each 14 day period
Before applying, please read the full guidance on the grant and eligibility criteria.
How to apply
Apply for the period 2 December – 25 December 2020
Additional Restrictrions Grant
The Government are encouraging this to be used to support business that have been affected by the pandemic, but which have not been eligible for any of the existing grant schemes. Please read the full guidance on the types of businesses that will be prioritised for this grant and the information you will need to provide, before you begin your application.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not been eligible for other support schemes. Other grant schemes include but are not limited to:
- Small Business Grant Fund
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
- The Fisheries Response Fund
- Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme (DSSS)
- The Zoos Support Fund · The Dairy Hardship Fund
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (closed) addendum
- Arts and culture covid support funding
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (open)
Please note: we will be monitoring the applications and feedback from the business community and may in future need to vary the eligibility criteria and guidance as a result of the responses we receive.
How to apply
Apply for the Additional Restrictions Grant
£1,000 Christmas Support Payment for ‘wet-led pubs’
Wet-led pubs in tiers two and three, that predominantly serve alcohol rather than provide food, will be eligible for a £1,000 grant. Qualifying businesses will receive a one-off payment on top on the existing £3,000 monthly cash grants for businesses. This will cover those in tiers two and three forced to reduce their operations as a result of the local restriction tier system put in place to contain the transmission of the virus.
This grant is a single payment of £1000 for the period 2 December 2020 to 29 December 2020. A wet-led pub is defined as a pub that derives less than 50% of its income from the sales of food.
The scheme will close on the 29 December 2020 and final applications must be received by 31 January 2021.
How to apply
Apply for the Christmas Support Payment
Previous Grant schemes
Small business and retail, hospitality and leisure grants - applications closed
Over 1,800 local businesses claimed one of these grants. Applications closed on 28 August 2020.
Local Authority Discretionary Grant Fund - applications closed
Applications for the discretionary grant fund closed on 3 August 2020.
Get the latest information and advice:
Signup to our business newsletter
Financial support for businesses during coronavirus (COVID-19) - gov.uk