Skip to main content

Tell us if your circumstances change

If you already receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support, you must tell us immediately if you or the people living with you have any changes in circumstances. Some changes may mean you are entitled to more benefits, but others could mean you no longer qualify for benefits or should receive a lower amount. Always report any change in circumstances as soon as it happens.

Examples of changes you need to tell us about include:

  • starting or stopping work
  • changing jobs
  • an increase or decrease to earnings
  • changes to working hours
  • child care payments start, stop or the amount changes
  • child leaving education
  • changes to any DWP or HMRC benefits you receive
  • started receiving DWP or HMRC benefits
  • changing address
  • rent increase or decrease
  • someone moving in or out
  • changes to private/ occupational pensions
  • starting self-employed work
  • new child.

This is NOT a complete list. If you are unsure, tell us anyway.

How to tell us about changes

Please email to request the relevant form to complete.