Continental Landscapes Limited manage our grounds maintenance and sports pitch bookings on our behalf.
Greenspaces across Waverley are being left to grow this month as part of a campaign aimed at supporting wildlife and boosting pollination.
Waverley Borough Council is taking part in “No Mow May”, organised by wild plant conservation charity Plantlife which encourages people to say no to mowing during the month.
For more information about the 'No Mow May' challenge and to find out how you can get involved, visit the the Plantlife website.
We maintain over 2.4 million square metres of grass across:
- recreation grounds
- open spaces
- verges next to public roads (on behalf of Surrey County Council)
Check the grass cutting schedule near you.
Weed spraying on roads and footpaths
We also spray weeds along roads and adopted footways on behalf of Surrey County Council throughout Waverley.
It is the aim of the Council to eventually stop using pesticides. The approach taken will be to phase out their use as quickly as is practical. Our Pesticides Policy and Action Plan identifies how we propose to do this. It is a working document that will be updated as progress is made.
Other maintenance on council land
On council land, we also maintain:
- hedges, shrubs, scrub areas, annual flowers and trees
- playgrounds, skateparks, ball courts
- some sports pitches, changing rooms, recreation grounds and toilets
- paths, bins, benches, ditches and culverts in parks
- cemeteries, communal green spaces, countryside areas
- sheltered housing schemes and housing estates across the borough on Waverley Borough Council owned land.
Book a sports pitch
You can also hire a range of sports facilities in Waverley through Continental Landscapes Limited including football, rugby and cricket pitches.
If you have an issue, complaint or would like to pass on a compliment , please contact the Parks & Countryside team at:
Tel: 01483 523394.