Pay by Direct Debit
The easiest way to pay your Council Tax is by Direct Debit online through the Waverley Portal.
Before registering for the Waverley Portal, you need to have a Council Tax account set up. If you are moving to Waverley for the first time or to a new address within Waverley, use the moving forms to register for Council Tax.
What is the Waverley Portal?
You can use the Waverley Portal secure service to view your Council Tax information online and manage your payments.
Set up a Direct Debit through the Waverley Portal
If you don't have an account, registration is quick and easy. Once you have registered and logged in, you can:
- set up a Direct Debit and change payment method or bank details
- log in at a time that suits you to pay your council tax - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- view account balances, see what you've paid and when
- download copies of your bills
- upload documents
Register for an account
To register, you will need the following information:
- your Council Tax reference number - found on your latest bill
- your full name as it appears on your Council Tax bill
- if you have applied for Council Tax Support or have been named on a council tax support application, you will also need to provide your national insurance number. This provides an additional level of security.
Sign in or register for a Waverley Portal account
How to set up Direct Debit
Once you are logged in, you will need your bank account details to set up your Direct Debit:
- sort code
- 8 digit account number
- your name as it appears on the account.
We aim to make the change to your account within 10 working days and issue your new bill.
Joint accounts with more than one signatory
If you are setting up a Direct Debit from a joint bank account where both parties need to authorise it, please print, complete and both sign the Direct Debit Mandate for joint accounts.
Please sent the completed form to:
Post: Revenues, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR.
Pay Council Tax - other ways to pay
You need to use your Council Tax account number so that any payment is credited to you and not someone else. Your Council tax account number is the eight-digit number printed in a box at the top right-hand corner of the bill (i.e 12345678)
Pay your Council Tax online
- By phone - call our 24-hour automated telephone service on 01483 861498
- Standing order or bank transfer
- At a Post Office or Paypoint shop
Find out more about ways to pay