Film Waverley

In 2016-2017 film activity brought in approximately £1.9 million to the local economy. Recent movies filmed in Waverley include:

  • Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)
  • Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)
  • 47 Ronan (2013)
  • Gladiator (2000)
  • The Mummy (1999)
  • Harry Potter - three films
  • Macbeth (2015)
  • Mini series - Howard's End (2017)

Download our Waverley Film Map for more information.

A film, TV or photographic company? Interested in filming in Waverley?

We have the perfect locations for you...

The borough of Waverley is situated three miles away from Guildford, just one hour from central London, 25 miles from Shepperton Studios and covers the beautiful countryside from Farnham in the west to Cranleigh in the east.

We have four major towns (Godalming, Haslemere, Cranleigh and Farnham) with many beautiful villages and picturesque countryside in between. We have a range of locations including historic buildings, office space, countryside, historic and modern parks, car parks and lakes.

We manage the sites that belong to Waverley Borough Council such as Farnham Park and Frensham Great Pond. We will assess each request on an individual basis. If the land you want to film on is not owned by Waverley, we will signpost you in the right direction. 

Commercial filming enquiry form

Student film makers

If you are a student film maker you need to contact the council 10 working days before the date of the shoot. Please complete a student filming request application form:

Student filming request form

Filming locations in Waverley

Farnham Park

Frensham Great Pond and Common

Other local land owners:

Location Contact
Bourne Wood

Pam Eastwood (Filming Liaison Officer) - call 07778 110349

Frensham Little Pond (National Trust) Camilla Churchill, email:
Waverley Abbey Ruins (English Heritage) Email
Dunsfold Park David McAllister, call 01483 200900 or email

Movie map of Surrey

See the Movie map of Surrey

Filming best practice

We work with the Surrey Film office, please see their A-Z of good film practice. We also work in partnership with Creative England.

Filming on roads and pavements

You need a license to film on public highways, managed by Surrey County Council. For more details on how to apply, visit the Surrey Film Office website.

Looking to use a drone?

Please email with details of your insurance and your risk assessment for approval.

Support services

Looking for local crew, facilities and accommodation please see the Creative England database.

For local accommodation, see Visit Surrey

Page owner: Faye Pringle. Last updated: 29/04/2020 12:01

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.