Skip to main content

Brownfield Register

The Town and Country Planning (Brownfield Land Register) Regulations 2017 require the council to prepare, maintain and publish a register of brownfield land which is suitable for residential development. Brownfield land is previously developed land which has a specific definition within the National Planning Policy Framework.

Download the Waverley Brownfield Register (PDF)

Download the Waverley Brownfield Register (CSV) 

The persistent URL for the Waverley Brownfield Register is: Brownfield Register.csv?ver=I74IENWZ66Yt3ZHnPs7kSg%3d%3d 

Information for Users

The Brownfield Land Register comprises information about sites, as set out in Government guidance. It must be kept in two parts, using a standard format:

  • Part 1 comprises brownfield sites in Waverley that are assessed to be suitable, available and achievable for housing-led development, irrespective of planning status. Sites must be 0.25 hectares or larger, or capable of supporting at least 5 dwellings.
  • Part 2 is a subset of the Part 1 Register and comprises sites that the Council deems suitable to grant Permission in Principle (PiP).

The council has not granted any PiPs to date, so the register consists of Part 1 only.

Please note that the information supplied by Waverley Borough Council is subject to copyright protection under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. However, the information (not including logos) may be reused in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence (version 3).

© Waverley Borough Council

This publication is licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. The licence is available to view online on the National Archives website, or you can write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London, TW9 4DU.

Any enquiries regarding this publication should be sent to: Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR.

Please note, the information provided may contain third party copyright material which could fall outside the scope of the Open Government Licence. Therefore, should you wish to re-use this third party material, you will need to obtain the consent of the third party. If you are unsure whether the information provided contains any third party material, please contact us for clarification.