Corporate Strategy 2020-25
Our new Corporate Strategy for 2020-25 was adopted by the council in October 2020.
Our vision is that Waverley will be environmentally, economically and financially sustainable with healthy, inclusive communities and housing available for all who need it.
We will promote:-
- open, democratic and participative governance
- the value and worth of all residents, with opportunities for all, regardless of race, age, disability, religion, gender or sexual orientation, income or wealth
- high quality public services accessible for all
- a financially sound Waverley, with infrastructure and resilient services fit for the future
- a strong, resilient local economy, supporting local businesses and employment
- housing to buy and to rent, for those at all income levels
- effective strategic planning and development management which supports the planning and infrastructure needs of local communities
- a sense of responsibility by all for our environment, promoting biodiversity, championing the green economy and protecting our planet
- the health and wellbeing of our communities.
Our strategic priorities:
- Local, open, participative government
- Supporting a strong, resilient local economy
- Taking action on Climate Emergency and protecting the environment
- Good quality housing for all income levels and age groups
- Effective strategic planning and development management to meet the needs of our communities
- Improving the health and wellbeing of our residents and communities
Download the Corporate Strategy 2020 - 25