Skip to main content

Complain about a pub or club

If you are having problems with a local pub, club or other licensed entertainment venue, you should try and address the issue informally first.  Examples of what you could do:

  • talk to the licence or certificate holder to see if they can address your issues
  • ask us to talk to the licensee on your behalf
  • ask your local MP or councillor to speak to the licence or certificate holder on your behalf
  • talk to the relevant responsible authority (for example environmental health in relation to noise nuisance or the police in relation to crime and disorder) to see  whether other legislation may help to resolve the issue.

Ask for a licence review

If the informal approach does not work, you can ask us to review a licence or certificate for:

  • the prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • the prevention of public nuisance
  • the protection of children from harm.

You will need to supply your name and contact details - you cannot ask for a review anonymously

Apply to review a premises licence or a club premises certificate (PDF)

You can also email:

We will not accept requests to review a licence which are either frivolous, vexatious or repetitious.

Licences currently under review

The Leathern Bottle, 77 Meadrow, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 3JG

We are reviewing the licence of The Leathern Bottle pub in Farncombe, Godalming, under Section 51 of the Licensing Act 2003.  The grounds for the review are that it has failed to promote two of the four licensing objectives, these are:

  • Condition 1 of the Licensing Objectives – Prevention of crime and disorder; and
  • Condition 2 of the Licensing Objectives – Public safety.

If you would like to provide comment during the review email us at by Monday, 20th June 2022 stating clearly the grounds on which representation is being made,  or alternatively you can write to us at Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR.