Can you answer ‘yes’ to the following:
- Is your household income under £60,000?
- Do you have less than £30,000 in savings?
- Have you lived in Waverley for three out of the last five years? Or
- Have you worked over 16 hours a week in Waverley for at least 12 months? Or
- Do you have a close relative (parent, adult son or daughter or adult sibling) that has lived in Waverley for at least last five years?
Can you answer ‘no’ to the following:
- Do you have debts to Waverley (Council Tax, Housing Benefit overpayment or rent deposit debts) without a payment plan set up and at least six months payment history?
- Are you a home owner?
- Have you previously exercised Right to Buy?
- Are you a Housing Association or council tenant living outside Waverley
- Are you a Housing Association tenant in Waverley, where the council does not have nomination rights to the property?
If you meet the above criteria, it is likely that you qualify for council housing. To apply for Council, Housing Association or Senior Living accommodation you need to join the Housing Register.
Once you are on the Housing Register, you can search for available homes.