The Prime Minister has confirmed that England will move to Step 4 of the roadmap on the 19 July. The Government has announced more details for the final stage of the roadmap and there are 5 principles for managing COVID-19 as we learn to live with the virus. Further details on the new guidance can be found on the Government's website.
All businesses and event organisers should follow the principles set out in the working safely guidance. You may also find the following link helpful.
Please note it remains the organisers responsibility to ensure that all reasonable steps have been taken to protect the safety of those working or attending the event. The way to do this is to carry out a health and safety risk assessment, including the risk of COVID-19, and to take reasonable steps to mitigate the risks you identify. Information on how to complete a risk assessment can be found on the HSE website.
Working Safely guidance sets out a range of mitigations you should consider, for example:
- cleaning surfaces that people touch regularly;
- provision of hand sanitiser;
- identifying poorly-ventilated areas in the venue and taking steps to improve air flow;
- ensuring that staff and customers who are unwell do not attend the workplace or venue;
- communicating to staff and customers the measures you have put in place.
You are also encouraged to continue displaying QR codes for attendees wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app, or to continue collecting customer contact details to support NHS Test and Trace, however this will no longer be a legal requirement.