We know that times are hard at the moment and it is really important for us all to stay connected and look after our wellbeing. You can find some tips and advice below.
Stay connected and keep in touch
- Call a family member of friend
- Organise a video call over Zoom, Skype or Facetime
- Join a group on Facebook – but make sure you participate and join in with the conversation
Keep active and your mind entertained
- Go for a walk
- Bake or make something
- Learn a new skill (Youtube has lots of tutorials)
Health and wellbeing
- Visit Healthy Surrey for tips on health and wellbeing to keep you well.
- Active Surrey also have ideas for keeping active whilst being at home.
Mental health support
If you feel like you're struggling on your own there is no need to feel alone. There is help and advice on hand visit the Healthy Surrey Mental Wellbeing web page.
Every Mind Matters provides practical self-care tips and guidance and has a free NHS-approved online tool which helps people build an action plan to deal with stress and anxiety, boost their mood, improve their sleep and help them feel more in control. It also has advice on Coronavirus and wellbeing.
Mental health helplines
If you are experiencing domestic abuse, help is still there for you during Coronavirus. There are helplines and apps and ways of communicating to someone even when you are unable to speak.
- Your Sanctuary Helpline 01483 77 68 22 is available from 9am till 9pm 7 days a week.
- Silent Solution if you need urgent police help but can't speak call 999 and then text 55.