Skip to main content

Community support for residents

If you are a resident who needs support and advice, please take a look at the links below.

A number of these organisations that offer support have received funding through the Household Support Fund to support vulnerable residents over this winter.

Foodbanks and organisations who can help

The organisations below can help you to access food and other essential household / hygiene items. You will need a referral from a recognised organisation or body to access support from the food banks and community stores. This could include a school link worker, social worker, housing officer, health professional or Citizens Advice Waverley.

If you are experiencing food poverty you may also wish to contact one of the local organisations who offer information and advice such as Citizens Advice Waverley and Age UK Surrey whose experienced advisors can find out what benefits you may be entitled to such as Universal Credit, Housing Benefit and Attendance Allowance.



Cranleigh Foodbank



Elstead Foodbank

Tel: 01252 702217




Farnham Foodbank

Tel: 07901 581 539

Website: Farnham Foodbank


Godalming Foodbank

Tel: 01483 418741

Website: Godalming Foodbank


Godalming and Villages Community Store

Tel: 07493 435715

Website: Godalming and Villages Community Store

Godalming and Farncombe area

Haslemere Foodbank

Tel: 07818 692389



Hale Community Centre

A Community Fridge and Cupboard is open Monday to Friday 10am to midday at Hale Community Centre.

Tel: 01252 722362



The organisations below are able to offer advice and/ or a friendly phone call when you need it.



Age UK Surrey 

  • Help at Home Service

  • Befriending Service

  • Information and Advice for the over 50's

  • Check in and chat calls

Tel: 01483 503414


Citizens Advice South West Surrey

Will be offering advice over phone and in person by appointment.

Tel: 0808 2787 980

Home - Citizens Advice South West Surrey (


Cranleigh Street Champions

Tel: 01483 272311



Tapestry Day Club

Social interaction for older people in small groups for people living in social isolation, feel socially excluded or experiencing a deterioration in memory.

Tel: 01403 791020



Good Neighbour Schemes

These operate across the borough.  They can help take you to and from hospital, GP and other health appointments.

Find your nearest scheme by visiting the Surrey Community Action Good Neighbours website.

Waverley HOPPA Community Transport

Their drivers will pick you up from your home and take you to and from your destination within Waverley. To use the service you need to register and live in Waverley.  

Visit the HOPPA website to find out more.

Hospital Hoppa is available for Haslemere, Godalming and surrounding villages to take you to the Royal Surrey County Hospital and all other health facilities between Haslemere and Guildford.

The organisations below offer a paid for service providing a hot, freshly cooked lunchtime meal for those who are unable to cook for themselves.  More information is available on the Community Meals Services webpage.

Details Area

Brightwells Gostrey, Farnham

Tel 01252 727280 or email


Farncombe Day Centre

Tel 01483 426685 or email

Godalming and Farncombe

Haslewey Community Centre

Tel 01428 648716 or email

Haslemere, Milford and Witley