Waverley residents are reminded that Pride 2021 will be coming to Godalming on Saturday 25 September, we hope to see you there!
Waverley Borough Council are sponsors of the Rainbow Community Stage and will also have a stall at the event so do pop by and visit us.
This year’s event will see both a main stage and a community stage, showcasing local talent alongside a popular youth zone. The event will also be hosting many local and national LGBTQ+ groups and charities and there will be a chill out zone where you can enjoy food and drinks whilst enjoying some of the live music.
What’s happening and where
- The event will kick off with a Pride Parade, leaving The Burys Field in Godalming at 10.30am and setting off through Godalming high street
- There will be two field events
- The main field in the Phillips Memorial Park, Godalming, GU7 1ES, which opens at 11am and where you'll find the main stage
- The Rainbow Field in The Bury's Field, Godalming, GU7 1HR which opens at 12pm. This is where you'll find the community stage, food and drink stalls and community stalls to explore
- The event will finish at 8pm
This year's event is suitable for all ages and will include the following zones:
- A Pride Plus Zone which is a VIP area (18+)
- A youth zone is available and will include fun packed activities for families as well as targeted support for the younger members of our community
- A Community and Outreach zone where you can find stalls representing organisations and services for the LGBTQI+ community
- A Marketplace where you'll find food and drink stalls to enjoy
Pride in Surrey is a donation-based event and tickets aren't needed to gain entry. However, everyone attending the event is encouraged to download an entry pass online and donations are greatly appreciated.
To download an entry pass, more details and for full FAQs, visit the Pride in Surrey events web page.