What is this about?
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is a tariff that councils can choose to charge on new developments to raise funds to provide infrastructure. The money raised could be used towards improvements to:
- other community facilities.
The CIL will largely replace the existing system of ‘Section 106’ developer contributions. However, such agreements will still be used for site-specific infrastructure and to provide affordable housing.
We have to prepare a Community Infrastructure Charging Schedule, which will outline what we are proposing to charge. The charging schedule has to go through two stages of consultation, before being considered at an independent examination.
A provisional timetable for the production of the charging schedule is set out in the Local Development Scheme (updated October 2017).
Consultation on the Draft Charging Schedule
The Council has published its Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule for representations to be made. The Draft Charging Schedule provides the background to the proposed tariff and is the second opportunity to comment on the proposed charges.
The consultation of the CIL Draft Charging Schedule will run for 6 weeks from Friday 15 December to 11.59pm on Friday 26 January.
The following documents have informed the preparation of the Draft Charging Schedule:
Alternatively you can download and fill out the response form and either:
- email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- post it to Planning Policy Team, Planning Services, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR.
The consultation documents will be available to view in a number of locations during the consultation period:
- at Planning Reception, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR. Monday-Thursday 9.00am-5.00pm, Friday 9.00am-4.00pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
- at Farnham Locality Office, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7RN. Monday-Thursday 9.00am-5.00pm (excluding Bank Holidays), Friday 9.00am-4.30pm (closed each day 12.30pm-1.30pm).
- at Godalming, Farnham, Haslemere, Cranleigh and Bramley libraries. Please see www.surreycc.gov.uk/libraries for opening times.
The Statement of Representations Procedure and statement of fact was published by local advertisement notice on Thursday 14 November.
Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
The consultation on the CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule ran for six weeks from Monday 19 June to Monday 31 July 2017. The responses can be viewed on the consultation page.
The following documents were available for consultation:
- CIL Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (December 2016)
- Viability Study (June 2017)
Please contact us if you have any queries about responding to this consultation, by telephone on 01483 523291 or via email to: email@example.com.
In addition you can view a set of CIL related FAQs.
Page owner: Sophie Piper. Last updated: 14/12/2017 14:02