Skip to main content

Adult social care support

Surrey County Council manage adult social care in Surrey.

Adult social care aims to help people stay independent, safe and well so they can live the lives they want to.  

This includes people who are frail, have disabilities or neurodiversity, mental health issues as well as the people who care for them (unpaid carers).

Social care can include 'personal care' such as support for washing, dressing and getting out of bed in the morning, as well as wider support to help people stay active and engaged in their communities.

Paying for care

Social care for adults is not usually free. People may need to contribute towards the cost of their care. The amount they need to pay depends on their income, savings and expenditure.

Are you eligible for social care?

Find out if you have social care needs and how much you will need to pay on the Adult social care assessments and eligibility page (Surrey County Council).

Home equipment finder

If you, or someone you know, struggles with daily tasks like remembering to take medication, preparing a meal or moving around your home, Surrey County Council's home equipment finder may help you to find the equipment that will help you stay well and independent at home. 

Home Equipment Finder

Concerns of abuse or neglect

If you're at risk of abuse of neglect, or suspect someone else is, you need to report it:

Report concerns for an adult

More information

Adult social care and support information on Surrey County Council’s website.

Connect to Support Surrey - to help you find local care and support in your area to help you stay independent, healthy and connected to your community.

Healthy Surrey - find self-care information, as well as signposting to local services available to you as a Surrey resident.