From Monday 12 April, more businesses and venues can reopen in Step 2 of the the Government's 4 step Roadmap out of Lockdown.
- Outdoor gatherings (including in private gardens) of either 6 people or 2 households will be allowed.
- Indoor sports facilities will reopen but limited to individual or household use only.
- All retail premises will open, including outdoor hospitality and personal care.
- Travel restrictions will remain in place - please check. You should continue to work from home if you can.
Find out more about the lockdown restrictions (link opens in new window)
What you need to do
There are three simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
- Wash hands - keep washing and sanitising your hands regularly
- Cover face - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces and when you are required to do so
- Make space - stay at least 2 metres apart or 1 metre with a face covering or other precautions
Surrey County Council publish the latest numbers of COVID-19 cases in Surrey broken down by borough and information on the R number:
Coronavirus figures and statistics
You can also view an online interactive map on the gov.uk website.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine is safe and effective. It gives you the best protection against coronavirus.
Wait for the NHS to contact you. The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then.
The vaccine is free. Beware of scammers. Criminals are using the COVID-19 vaccine as a way to target the public by tricking them to hand over cash or financial details. They are sending convincing-looking text messages letting people know they are eligible for the vaccine or phoning people directly pretending to be from the NHS, or local pharmacy.
You don't need to apply for the vaccine. The NHS will contact you when it is your turn, but you must be registered with a GP. Visit the NHS website for more information.
NHS vaccine information (opens in new window)
Surrey Heartlands NHS vaccine information (opens in new window)
Surrey Heartland NHS vaccine rollout information (opens in new window)
See Coronavirus homepage