Under the government’s roadmap for easing lockdown restrictions across England, from 12 April, further restrictions are being lifted. Whilst the message is still keep yourself and others safe, maintaining social distancing and minimising travel, the following will open:
- Non-essential retail
- Personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons
- Public buildings (such as Libraries and community centres)
- Outdoor hospitality venues with table service only
- Indoor leisure and sports facilities for individual exercise, or exercise with your household or support bubble
- Most outdoor attractions such as zoos, theme parks and drive-in cinemas
- Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets
- Some smaller outdoor events such as fetes, literary fairs and fairgrounds
- Self-contained accommodation will be able to open for overnight stays with your household or support bubble.
For further information on all other changes, please visit the Government website.
You can find general advice and any impacts on council services on our coronavirus advice page.
If you need financial support, please visit financial support during coronavirus.
You can also find out how we can help support residents through the pandemic by visiting supporting residents in our community and if you're a business in Waverley, see guidance for businesses.
We would like to thank Waverley residents for their efforts thus far in response to the restrictions and ask all residents to please continue to follow the guidance – remember ‘Hands. Face. Space. Fresh Air.’ - so that we can continue to reduce the spread of the virus and save lives.