Do you know what to do if flooding was forecast in Waverley? It’s Flood Action Week which aims to show people how to prepare or what to do in a flood to significantly reduce any damage to home and possessions and help keep you safe.
Flood alert - Prepare
Flood warning - Act
- turn off gas, water and electricity
- move things upstairs or to safety
- move family, pets and car to safety
Severe flood warning - Survive
- call 999 if in immediate danger
- follow advice from emergency services
- keep yourself and your family safe
You can find out more on the government’s what to do in a flood webpage.
There is also information on how to protect yourself and your home in case of flooding on the Surrey County Council Flooding Advice web page.
Find a full list of emergency contact numbers and more information on flooding, including, signing up for flood warnings, by visiting our Emergencies in Waverley web page.