Published Friday, 12 May 2017
From Monday 15 May, residents and visitors of Cranleigh will be able to pay for parking using a new check in, check out system, as part of a three month trial in Stocklund Square and Village Way.
The new payment option will allow drivers to pay for parking at the end of their visit, giving drivers more freedom to park without having to rush back before their ticket expires.
If it proves to be successful at the end of the trial, Waverley will continue to offer the facility in the village and will look to roll it out across other car parks.
The trial will launch in Stocklund Square Car Park on Monday 15 May and then in Village Way Car Park on Monday 22 May.
The new system is simple to use; instructions will be clearly displayed on signage in the car park and on the screen of the parking machines.
To check in:
- Press the check in (Ch-In/ Ch-Out) button on the parking machine.
- Insert your debit/ credit card or use the contactless card reader.
- Enter your registration number.
- Re-insert your debit/ credit card or touch the contactless card reader.
- Display your ticket clearly in the front windscreen.
To check out:
- Insert or re-touch the same payment card you used to check in - you can use any check in check out machine to do this.
- View the correct payment for your stay on the screen.
- Ensure the check out is confirmed and take your receipt.
As well as using the check in check out system, drivers can still pay for parking using the pay and display options, with card or cash, and can also use the RingGo phone payment method.