Draft Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites
Waverley's proposed draft Local Plan Part 1 was approved for publication by the Council at its meeting on 19 July 2016.
The plan is still a draft document and still has a number of stages to go through after the above committee. These include:
- July/August – publication for pre-submission consultation. The dates of the consultation will be made available as soon as possible once approved by the Council.
- November – the plan will be submitted for examination by a planning inspector
The plan sets out the key policies and overall strategy for managing and directing future development in Waverley up until 2032. It sets out the council’s approach to delivering 519 homes per annum whilst taking into account the various constraints that affect Waverley.
You can register on the consultation portal to be informed of any future Planning Policy consultations, and this will enable you to take part online, or through a variety of methods. If you have made a representation to any previous policy consultation, you will already be registered. Please do not register again.
There are a number of new evidence documents that have recently been produced. Download them on the Evidence Studies and Supporting documents page.
A revised Local Development Scheme was approved by the Executive on 12 July 2016.
The Local Plan Newsletter
Local Plan newsletters give information about the work that has been carried out, the stage that we are currently at, and what will happen next.
Please see the pages below for more information:
- Timetable and Local Development Scheme
- Call for Sites
- Core Strategy Withdrawn from Examination: October 2013
- Costs of the Local Plan / Core Strategy
- Potential Housing Scenarios and Other Issues for the Waverley Local Plan - Consultation 3 September - 17 October 2014
- Sustainability Appraisals
- Local Plan Part 2: Non Strategic Policies and Sites
You can also contact the Planning Policy Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01483 523291.
Page owner: Jennie Falconer. Last updated: 21/07/2016 16:50