Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites
Submission of Waverley Borough Council's Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites
The Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites was submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, on 21st December 2016 for independent examination.
The Submission Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites sets out Waverley Borough Council's spatial policy framework for delivering the development and change needed to realise the Council's vision for development in the Borough up to 2032. The whole of the Borough is covered by this plan.
The submission documentation includes:
- Waverley Submission Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites (which is formed by the Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites and the Schedule of Modifications to the Pre-Submission Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites). A version of the Submission Local Plan Part 1 has been created including the modifications as tracked changes.
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Habitat Regulations Assessment
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Statements of Representations on the Waverley Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites in accordance with Regulation 22 - August 2016 and Statement under Regulation 22 following Publication - Update December 2016
- The representations made on the Pre-Submission Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites under Regulation 20
All other supporting documents relevant to the production of the Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites can be found on the Council’s list of Evidence Documents and Supporting Studies.
Hard copies of the submission documents listed above are available to view during normal office hours at:
Planning Reception, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1HR.
The Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites is now being independently examined by the Planning Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State. This is a continuous process running from the date of submission through to the receipt of the Planning Inspector’s Report. Part of this process will involve hearing sessions where those invited to attend will have the opportunity to respond to matters raised by the Planning Inspector. Once confirmed, all details relating to the examination process will be advertised, including online on this page of the website.
We have been advised by the Planning Inspectorate that Jonathan Bore has been appinted to determine whether the Local Plan is sound. To help assist the examination of documents, the Council has appointed Mrs Claire Jones-Hughes of Banks Solutions to act as an independent Programme Officer. The precise date for the opening of any formal hearing part of the examination into the Local Plan will be decided by the Inspector. Further details, once advised, will be made available on here on the Local Plan page of the Council's website.
For further information, please contact a member of the Planning Policy team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 01483 523291.
A revised Local Development Scheme was approved by the Executive on 12 July 2016.
The Local Plan Newsletter
Local Plan newsletters give information about the work that has been carried out, the stage that we are currently at, and what will happen next.
Please see the pages below for more information:
- Timetable and Local Development Scheme
- Call for Sites
- Core Strategy Withdrawn from Examination: October 2013
- Costs of the Local Plan / Core Strategy
- Potential Housing Scenarios and Other Issues for the Waverley Local Plan - Consultation 3 September - 17 October 2014
- Consultation on Pre-Submission Local Plan -19 August - 3 October 2016
- Local Plan Part 2: Non Strategic Policies and Sites
Page owner: Jennie Falconer. Last updated: 10/01/2017 14:30