Current stage: Defining the Preferred Options
Estimated adoption: Late 2019
Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2) will form the second stage of Waverley's new Local Plan. Together with Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites (LPP1) this document will replace the current Local Plan (2002).
LPP1 specifies the overall spatial strategy for development and growth in Waverley, and allocated strategic sites. LPP2 will provide the more detailed 'Development Management', review a suite of local designations and will allocate sites needed for housing or other uses in certain areas of Waverley.
Preferred Options Consultation
The Preferred Options consultation represents the second key stage in the development of LPP2 and follows on from the Issues and Options document that was published for public consultation in 2017. The consultation runs for six weeks from Friday 25 May to 11:59pm on Monday 9 July 2018. You can view the consultation document below:
The document is also available to view in hardcopy at the following locations:
- Planning Reception, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR
Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Farnham Locality Office, South Street, Farnham, GU9 7RN
Mon-Thurs 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm (excluding Bank Holidays) (closed each day 12.30-1.30pm)
- Godalming, Farnham, Haslemere, Cranleigh and Bramley libraries. Please click the links for opening times.
We have produced a number of topic papers to support this consultation. They provide further detailed background and technical evidence behind the Preferred Options and are reference in the text. Topic papers have been produced on the following areas:
- Space Standards
- Green Belt Settlement Boundary Review
- Local Green Space
- Godalming Hillsides and Frith Hill ASEQ
- Haslemere Hillsides
- Farnham-Aldershot Strategic Gap
- Areas of Strategic Visual Importance
- Town and Local Centres
Other relevant documents
- Land Availability Assessment
- Sustainablity Appraisal - Non-technical summary, Report and Appendices
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Flood Risk and Sequential Test Assessment
All other relevant documents can be found on our evidence studies and supporting documents page.
How to comment
We would like to receive your views on the contents of the Preferred Options consultation document. Once the consultation has finished, we will consider all of the comments received and use them to inform the next key stages of LPP2.
If you prefer you can also respond by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to LPP2, Planning Policy, Planning Services, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming GU7 1HR.
We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services, please read the privacy notice below before commenting.
We will be holding several drop in sessions throughout Waverley during the consultation, please click the link below to find out where they will be in your area.
There will be a number of opportunities to have your say during the preparation of this document. These are listed below.
Please contact us if you have any queries about making a submission, by telephone on 01483 523291 or via email to email@example.com
Page owner: Sophie Piper. Last updated: 24/05/2018 15:40