Request access to personal information (Subject Access Request)

If you wish to access personal information that we may hold about you, either on paper or electronically, you can make a Subject Access Request. You can also ask us to allow others to see your record. 

Please note that we can't let you see any parts of your record which contain:

  • confidential information about other people
  • data we think will cause serious harm to you or someone else's physical or mental wellbeing
  • information that may stop us preventing or detecting a crime.

Make a Subject Access Request

Make a Subject Access Request online

You can also write to: Data Protection Officer, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR.


There is usually no charge for a Subject Access Request.

However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.

Proof of identity

You will need to provide two examples of evidence of your identity, eg driving licence, birth certificate, passport or household bill. One will need to be photographic evidence.


Once we receive your request and identification documents, we will respond within one month.

More information

Find out more about How to request your personal information on the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website.

Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 09/10/2018 13:54

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.