Witley Parish Council, as the qualifying body, has prepared a neighbourhood development plan for its parish. Known as the Witley Neighbourhood Plan, it covers the period from 2017-2032 and sets out a vision for the future of the parish and planning policies that will be used to determine planning applications locally.
We appointed Mr Andrew Ashcroft as the independent examiner to undertake an examination of the Witley Neighbourhood Plan. See Mr Ashcroft's:
- initial comments and queries for Witley Parish Council: Witley Neighbourhood Plan clarification note - 16 June 2020
- document setting out the Witley Neighbourhood Plan examination arrangements - 9 June 2020.
See Witley Parish Council's:
- response to Mr Ashcroft's questions - 2 July 2020
- two letters which are referred to in the response - a letter from the CCG dated December 2019 and a WMMP Healthcare Hub letter dated March 2020
- updated Local Green Spaces paper (July 2020).
We have now received Mr Ashcroft's report on the examination of the Witley Neighbourhood Plan. The report recommends that the Witley Neighbourhood Plan, with modifications, meets the basic conditions and can proceed to a referendum.
What happens next?
We have five weeks to publish a decision statement setting out whether the examiner's recommended modifications have been accepted, and whether the Witley Neighbourhood Plan will proceed to a referendum.
The Witley Neighbourhood Plan was formally submitted to Waverley and we ran a statutory six week consultation from 17 February to 30 March 2020. This consultation has now closed and the responses can be viewed below.
The following documents are available to view:
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Consultation Statement (Engagement Report), Appendices A-J
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening
- Regulation 16 Consultation Notice
- Proposals Map
- Witley Design Guidelines
- Engagement Report (for Reg 14 consultation)
- Baseline Information Statement
- Demographic Report
- Housing Needs Assessment
- Adopted Map of the Neighbourhood Plan Area
- Local Green Spaces Assessment Paper
What happens to your comments
We will submit your comments to the Independent Examiner appointed to examine the Neighbourhood Plan. Your comments, name and organisation (if relevant) will be publicly available but we won't publish other personal details.
|4 November 2014||Under the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations, Waverley designated the area that the Witley Neighbourhood Plan is to cover.|
|17 November 2017||Waverley issued a formal SEA Screening Opinion to Witley Parish Council concluding that Strategic Environmental Assessment is required for the Witley Neighbourhood Development Plan. This has now been superseded.|
|15 August 2018||Waverley issued a revised formal SEA Screening Opinion to Witley Parish Council concluding that Strategic Environmental Assessment is not required for the Witley Neighbourhood Development Plan.|
|3 May to 17 June 2019||Witley Parish Council carried out a Regulation 14 'pre-submission' consultation on the neighbourhood plan.|
Page owner: Alice Knowles. Last updated: 21/08/2020 14:31