Modifications to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan - Procedural exploratory meeting
The independent examiner, Mr Derek Stebbing, has requested that a Procedural Exploratory Meeting is held to enable him to hear further oral submissions on whether or not the modifications contained in the Neighbourhood Plan Review are so significant or substantial as to change the nature of the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan.
Please note: This will be the sole matter to be considered at the Procedural Exploratory Meeting, and there will be no consideration of any other matters relating to the Examination of the Plan Review, including other matters raised in representations to the Plan Review.
Date and time: Tuesday 4 June 2019 at 2pm
Venue: Council Chamber, Farnham Town Council Office, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7RN
- Independent Examiner's letter regarding Procedural Exploratory Meeting - 26 April 2019
- Procedural Exploratory Meeting Agenda - 20 May 2019
- Accompanying note for Procedural Exploratory Meeting - 20 May 2019
Following a referendum, the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2013-2031 was 'made' (adopted) by Waverley Borough Council on 28 July 2017. This now forms part of the development plan and can be viewed on our interactive map.
The document sets out a vision for the future of the town council area and planning policies that will be used to determine planning applications locally. The plan was subject to public consultation and an independent examination.
Modifications to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan
We have appointed Mr Derek Stebbing BA (Hons) DipEP MRTPI to undertake an independent examination of the modifications proposal to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan.
Communication regarding the independent examination:
- Independent Examiner's Procedural Letter - 2nd April 2019
- Farnham Town Council letter to Mr Stebbing - 2nd April 2019, Appendix 1, Appendix 2
- Waverley Borough Council letting to Mr Stebbing - 9th April 2019
In 2018 Farnham Town Council resolved to modify the 'made' Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. The Modifications Proposal was formally submitted to Waverley on 25 January 2019.
The full list of modifications is set out in the Statement of Minor (non-material) updates to the Made Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2017.
Waverley ran a 6 week consultation from Thursday 7 February to 11.59pm on Thursday 21 March 2019.
The following documents are available to view:
- Farnham Neighbourhood Plan as proposed to be modified, Appendix 2, Appendix 3, Appendix 4
- Regulation 15 submission letter
- Statement of minor (non-material) updates
- Statutory Regulation 16 notice
- Consultation statement and appendices
- Basic conditions statement
- Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment - Non-technical summary
- Habitats Regulations Assessment / Appropriate Assessment
- Other evidence
'Made' Neighbourhood Plan documents
Referendum in 2017
On Thursday 4 May 2017 referendum was held on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Residents voted to support the plan.
You can view:
- the Referendum results
- the Independent Examiner's report
- Summary of consultation responses
- Decision statement
Judicial Review Challenge
On 18 April 2017, the Council received a judicial review challenge to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Three claimants issued judicial review proceedings and a hearing was held at the High Court on 15 June. On 18 July 2017, the High Court issued its judgment and the challenge was dismissed.
Page owner: Alice Knowles. Last updated: 20/05/2019 15:45