Following a referendum, the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2013-2031 was 'made' (adopted) by Waverley Borough Council on 28 July 2017. This now forms part of the development plan and can be viewed on our interactive map.
The document sets out a vision for the future of the town council area and planning policies that will be used to determine planning applications locally. The plan was subject to public consultation and an independent examination.
Consultation on the modifications to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan
In 2018 Farnham Town Council resolved to modify the 'made' Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. The Modifications Proposal was formally submitted to Waverley on 25 January 2019.
The modifications incorporate:
- revisions to Areas of High Landscape Value and Sensitivity;
- an amendment to the plan period to align with the Waverley Borough Local Plan: Strategic Policies and Sites;
- site allocations to meet the additional requirement for housing in Farnham in the adopted Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites
- an update to the provision of Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace; and
- minor text changes and factual updates.
The full list of modifications is set out in the Statement of Minor (non-material) updates to the Made Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2017.
We will now run a statutory six week consultation from Thursday 7 February to 11.59pm on Thursday 21 March 2019.
The following documents are available to view:
Please note: An error has been identified in Map E: Farnham Landscape Character Assessment, 2018. This was replaced with a corrected version of the map on 20 February 2019. This is consistent with the information in the Land Character Assessment (August 2018) by HDA.
- Regulation 15 submission letter
- Statement of minor (non-material) updates
- Statutory Regulation 16 notice
- Consultation statement and appendices
- Basic conditions statement
- Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal / Strategic Environmental Assessment - Non-technical summary
- Habitats Regulations Assessment / Appropriate Assessment
- Other evidence
Hard copies of the documents will also be available to view at the following locations:
- Planning Reception, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR.
Monday to Thursday 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4pm.
- Farnham Locality Office, South Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7RN.
Monday to Thursday 9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm, Friday 9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
- Farnham Library, Vernon House, 28 West Street, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7DR.
For opening times, see www.surreycc.gov.uk/libraries.
How to respond
Please read our privacy notice before sending your response
You can also send your response to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Planning Policy, Waverley Borough Council, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR.
The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended) require that any representations made during the consultation period must be submitted to the Independent Examiner appointed to examine the Neighbourhood Plan. Therefore, comments cannot be treated as confidential and will be made publically available, attributed to your name and/or organisation however personal details will not be published.
'Made' Neighbourhood Plan documents
Referendum in 2017
On Thursday 4 May 2017 referendum was held on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Residents voted to support the plan.
You can view:
- the Referendum results
- the Independent Examiner's report
- Summary of consultation responses
- Decision statement
Judicial Review Challenge
On 18 April 2017, the Council received a judicial review challenge to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Three claimants issued judicial review proceedings and a hearing was held at the High Court on 15 June. On 18 July 2017, the High Court issued its judgment and the challenge was dismissed.
Page owner: Alice Knowles. Last updated: 20/02/2019 09:50