To qualify for a carer's discount for Council Tax, the carer either:
- work for at least 24 hours per week, and
- earn no more than £44 a week, and
- provide care and support organised by a local authority, the Crown or a charity, even if the person they are looking after employs them.
- look after someone who is entitled to one of the following benefits:
- attendance allowance.
- the middle or highest rate of the care component of a Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment at standard or enhanced rate.
- an increase in a Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payments
The carer also needs to:
- live in the same home as the person they are caring for, and
- provide care for at least 35 hours per week, on average, and
- not be caring for a spouse or partner, or their child if the child is under 18 years of age.
Apply for a carers discount
If you qualify for the discount, based on the criteria above, please fill in the:
Page owner: . Last updated: 08/04/2019 11:20