Pay by phone
Call our automated telephone service on 01483 861498 at any time to pay for:
- council tax
- parking fines
- housing or garage rent
- council services invoices
- housing benefit overpayments
- business rates.
Payments may be made by debit (Visa, Mastercard) or credit (Maestro, Switch, Solo).
We regret that we cannot accept American Express, Visa Electron, JCB or Diners Card.
Please note that:
- you will need to have a touch tone phone to use this service
- you can abandon your payment by replacing the telephone receiver at any time before confirming your details
- typically your call will take between 2 and 5 minutes
- no money will be deducted from your card until after you have checked all your details and confirmed your payment at the end of the call.
Before proceeding please ensure that you have:
your debit or credit card details
the appropriate documents to hand (i.e. council tax bill, parking fine, rent card, invoice, business rates bill or reminder letter)
identified the appropriate reference number to quote when making the payment; and
pen and paper to write down the receipt number at the end of the transaction
If you experience any problems when making a telephone payment please contact the Chief Cashier on 01483 523081 between 9.00am and 4.15pm.
Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 17/06/2015 18:17