The Housing Options team can give you free information and advice about your housing rights and other issues if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness in 56 days. The type of help we can offer you will depend on your circumstances but we will always try to help you remain in your home or secure an alternative.
How to contact us
During office hours, Monday - Friday, 9am - 4.45pm, please call 01483 523188.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Someone is usually available to speak to you for up to 15 minutes during office hours. Please leave a message if you can't get through and we will call you back.
Outside office hours, you can check your housing options online with the Housing Options wizard
Standards you should expect
We do our very best to provide customers with an excellent service. We will work with you to help you keep your home or find another one by:
- answering your telephone call within three rings
- returning your call within two working days
- acknowledging your email or letter within two working days, and provide you with a full response within 10 working days
- providing a minimum of three pre-booked appointments per day depending on staff availability
- listening to what you have to say and treat you with respect
- allocating actions to you, and
- giving you correct and up to date information.
Housing Options wizard
If possible, please use the Housing Options wizard before you contact us. We will initially need to make enquiries to be sure whether you are homeless or threatened with homelessness in 56 days.
This could apply to you if you:
- are living in privately rented accommodation and your landlord is asking you to leave
- are living with family/friends and are being asked to leave
- have become, or think that you are likely to become homeless
- are experiencing domestic abuse
- are experiencing harassment/illegal eviction and want to find out what your rights and options are
- are having difficulties paying your mortgage or rent
- would like information regarding accessing privately rented accommodation
- are a local authority housing or Housing Association tenant who wishes to move and require information on relocation schemes.
If you have completed the Housing Options Wizard and have further questions, please contact us for advice.
What you need to show us so we can decide what action we can take to help you
Please send us the following documents, as relevant to your circumstances:
- a copy of any notice served, together with a copy of a Gas Safe certificate, EPC, deposit protection certificate, How to Rent booklet
- court papers
- tenancy agreement
- proof of identity for each member of the household
- proof of pregnancy
- marriage/divorce certificate, ancillary relief order
- proof of income and savings
- completion statement from the sale of property.
The information you provide will be used to decide what action can be taken to help you. If necessary, we will book you a Full Housing Assessment to discuss your circumstances in more detail. Please see our page on Homelessness Advice for more information about the Full Housing Assessment.
The Privacy notice for Housing Options, Homelessness and the Housing Register explains what happens to the personal information you provide when you contact us.
Find out about your housing options.
Page owner: Elizabeth Donaldson. Last updated: 23/03/2020 16:56