Waverley's Covid Alert Level is MEDIUM

Residents are urged to be extra vigilant as local Covid cases are on the rise. Remember to wash hands, wear facemasks when required and keep your distance to help stop the spread of the virus.

Find out more

Proxy voting - appointing someone to vote on your behalf

If you can't vote yourself, you can appoint someone to vote on your behalf, as a proxy.

You can apply for a proxy vote depending on your circumstances. There is a requirement that you and the person you wish to appoint as proxy, must be registered to vote.

A person cannot be a proxy for more than two people at any one election or referendum, unless they are a close relative

Applying for a single election?

If you are applying for a single election or referendum, you simply need to complete this form. You do not need to get anyone to support your application.

Apply for a Single Election Proxy

Long-term applications

If you have a disability, away from home due to education or employment, an Overseas Voter, a Crown Servant or serving in the armed services, you can apply for a long-term proxy.

Apply for a Long-term proxy

Unless you are registered blind, you may have to get someone to support your application to confirm that you have a valid reason for applying to vote by proxy. Page two of the application form gives full details on who can support the application.

Returning your application

Please return your application to Electoral Services, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1HR.

You can also email your completed application to electoralservices@waverley.gov.uk

More information

Full details are included on the application form, but if you are still unsure please contact the Electoral Services Team via email electoralservices@waverley.gov.uk or via phone on 01483 523116.

Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 01/09/2020 10:54

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.