Coronavirus advice

We are aware many of our residents and businesses have been seriously affected by coronavirus and are working to provide support in whatever way we can.

Coronavirus advice and information

Benefits appeals

If you are not happy with a decision about housing or Council Tax support , there are three things that you can do:

  • ask us to explain the decision
  • if you still think it is wrong, ask us to look at it again
  • for some decisions, you can appeal to an independent tribunal who can change the decision if they agree that it is wrong.

Time limits

Please write to us or email us within one month of receiving a decision you want to question.

We will write to you with a decision about housing benefit or our council tax support scheme, if you have:

  • made a claim
  • had a change of circumstances which affects your benefit
  • been told you have to pay back benefit.

Contact the Benefits team


Address: Revenues and Benefits Section
Waverley Borough Council
The Burys

Tel: 01483 523596

Page owner: . Last updated: 29/06/2016 10:55

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.