There are recycling banks in Waverley where you can take:
- paper - including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, cards, envelopes, catalogues, phone directories, shredded paper
- books (hardback and paperback)
- food, soup and drink cartons
- mixed plastics including lids
- foil and foil containers
- glass jars and bottles of any colour
- textiles and shoes (in "clothes and shoes collector" banks only please)
- small electrical items (at some sites only). Please restrict the size of these to no more than 620mm x 200mm (approx 25" x 8") and use the electrical bank only.
The recycling banks are at:
Sainsbury's, Water Lane (managed by Sainsbury's)
Sainsbury's, Woolsack Way (managed by Sainsbury's)
Haslemere and Hindhead
Surrey County Council Local Community Recycling Centres
Residents can have their say on proposed changes to Surrey’s community recycling centres (CRCs), which will save up to £2 million a year while maintaining a quality service.
To take part in the consultation, visit the Surrey County Council website, or for a paper copy call 03456 009 009 or text 07860 053 465. The closing date for responses is 7 August 2017.
Follow the links to the Surrey County Council website for information about each of the Community Recycling Centres (council 'dumps' or 'tips') in Waverley as well as information on the changes they have made :
- Cranleigh: Cranleigh Community Recycling Centre
- Farnham: Bourne Mill Community Recycling Centre
- Witley/Milford: Witley Community Recycling Centre
Vans and trailers
You will need to apply for a Van and Trailer Permit to visit a Community Recycling Centre in a van or with a trailer.
Not sure where you can recycle something?
Use our recycling search tool and find out which bin it goes in.
Page owner: Carolyn Jarvis-Grogan. Last updated: 03/07/2017 15:38