Free swimming currently unavailable
Unfortunately due to the current restrictions put in place to ensure a Covid-secure environment, Places Leisure are unable to offer the free swimming initiative for under 8's and over 80’s. Places Leisure are continually reviewing the situation and as soon as they are able to relax the rules they have in place, may be able to reintroduce the free swimming options.
In partnership with Places Leisure under 8s and over 80s can swim for free at any of our leisure centres.
How do I register for free swimming?
If you have children up to the age of eight, they can swim for free at any of Waverley’s leisure centres provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
If you are over 80, please bring suitable ID to prove your age ( for example a birth certificate, passport, driving licence or pension book).
For children and over 80s, there is a £5 registration fee for a membership card to show each time you come for a swim.
When is free swimming available?
Free sessions include:
- All public/general swimming sessions
- Lane swimming sessions (may be subject to age restrictions ie Adult only)
- Family and Fun sessions - Note: some sessions may remain as a paying session if equipment is used eg an inflatable
- Ladies only sessions (may be subject to age restrictions)
You will need to pay for:
- Aqua Classes
- Swimming Lessons
- Swimming Club Sessions
Please note - Under 8s must swim with an adult
- Children under eight years old MUST be supervised by a parent or adult (18 years or over) throughout their use of the pool facilities.
- Maximum ratio of two children to one adult. Those supervising must accompany the children in the water.
Page owner: Tom Crowe. Last updated: 29/09/2020 10:43