Frequently Asked Questions

My bill shows that I am paying by direct debit - do I need to do anything? 

No - we will contact your bank with the instruction that Waverley already hold.


I want to pay by direct debit - what do I need to do? 

Please complete the Council Tax Direct Debit online form


Can I pay by 12 instalments?

Yes, this must be requested by 15 April 2018 – please contact us on 01483 523500 to arrange this.


I have arrears on my Council Tax, what can I do? 

Please contact Recovery on 01483 523511 to discuss.


What does my Council Tax pay for?

Council Tax pays for local services provided by Waverley Borough Council, Surrey County Council, town and parish councils and Surrey Police. The amount of Council Tax you have to pay is based on the Council Tax band of your home, and where you live.


I want to apply for a single person's discount, what do I need to do?

Please complete the online form.


I want to apply for other discounts such as empty homes, what do I need to do?

Please complete the relevant online form from the list below:

Council Tax - severely mentally impaired (SMI) person reduction

Council Tax - care workers discount

Council Tax - disability reduction

Council Tax - empty property notification

Council Tax - single person's discount

Council Tax - student discount

Page owner: Henry Ascoli. Last updated: 06/03/2018 17:03

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.