You can apply to rent a garage for your car or for storing domestic household items. We rent garages in most towns and villages in Waverley.
Garage costs and locations
Weekly costs are outlined below. They vary by location:
|Garage address||Waverley tenants||Non Waverley tenants|
How to apply to rent a garage
Application and letting process
- Fill in the online garage application form with your garage location preferences. You can apply for as many sites as you want, in any location.
- We will add your details to the waiting lists of your preferred garage sites, and send you confirmation of this.
- Once you are at the top of a list and there is a vacant garage, we will contact you and offer you the garage. Please note that:
- each household can rent up to two garages. We will only offer you a second garage if there are no other applicants on the waiting list for that garage.
- We can't offer you a garage if you are a Waverley Borough Council tenant in arrears with your rent payments. We will check this before we make you an offer.
- You need to accept or refuse the offer within two working days. If you do not respond within two working days, this will count as a refused offer. We will only make you two offers of a garage. If you refuse both offers, we will cancel your application and remove your name from our waiting lists. You will have to make a new application to reapply.
- As soon as you accept the offer, please call the Rents Team on 01483 523520 to make your first payment (a full month's rent) and set up a direct debit.
- Once we receive your payment, please come into the Waverley Borough Council offices to sign the garage licence and collect your keys. Please bring proof of address and photographic ID with you to the appointment.
How to end your garage rental
You need to give at least a full week's notice - garage rentals terminate on a Sunday. Please fill in the Garage termination form and return it to us.
Problems with your garage?
To report a garage repair, call the Housing Customer Services team on 0330 119 3000 or report a repair online.
Page owner: . Last updated: 25/07/2019 13:43