Waverley's Covid Alert Level is MEDIUM

Residents are urged to be extra vigilant as local Covid cases are on the rise. Remember to wash hands, wear facemasks when required and keep your distance to help stop the spread of the virus.

Find out more

Report a dangerous building or structure

We will investigate reports of dangerous buildings or structures.  Examples include unstable walls, loose tiles on roofs and buildings damaged by fire or a crash.  If you are concerned about a building, get in touch and report it.

Problems on roads or pavements

Surrey County Council deal with a number of highways problems.  These include broken road signs and drains, potholes, fallen trees blocking the road, broken drains, structural issues with bridges etc..

Tell Surrey County Council about a highway issue

Burst pipes or water mains

Please contact Thames Water or Southern Water depending on the area.

Other dangerous buildings or structures

Report a dangerous structure online

In an emergency...

In an emergency call 01483 523323 (Monday - Thursday, 8.45am - 5.15pm; Fridays 8.45am - 4.45pm)

Out of normal office hours - 01483 523200.

What happens next

A building control surveyor will make a site inspection to assess the danger and, if necessary, will contact the property owner.

Buildings or structures may become dangerous over a long period, eg by being overloaded or through neglect. If this is the case, the local authority may apply to a magistrates' court to make an order requiring the owner to remove the danger.

When emergency measures are required, (eg when a vehicle has crashed into a building) and we can't contact the owner of the building or structure, we may have to remove the immediate danger, such as putting up temporary fencing or scaffolding.  We will then recover the costs of these works from the owner.

Page owner: Lindsay Goodman. Last updated: 18/09/2020 15:54

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.