What are building regulations?

If you're a homeowner and planning an extension or conversion, you may need a building regulations inspection as well as planning permission. Whereas planning permission is about how a building looks, building regulations make sure your home is structurally safe.

You may also need building regulations approval if you're planning to renovate your home. This includes changing internal structures, added new heating and hot water systems, toilets, electrics or windows.

Getting building work approved by Waverley's building control team helps ensure that the work is safe and up to building regulations standards as well as protecting you against rogue builders. You should seek our advice before starting any building project.

More information

Guidance on extending and renovating homes

Please contact us for advice if you are not sure whether you need building regulations approval.

Tel: 01483 523323

Email: buildingcontrol@waverley.gov.uk

Page owner: Lindsay Goodman. Last updated: 10/07/2018 15:17

We use cookies to improve your experience. By viewing our content you are accepting the use of cookies. Read about cookies we use.