Situation in the UK
On 23 March 2020, the government outlined strict new measures to tackle the spread of coronavirus, including a ban on public gatherings of more than two people.
Latest advice - stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or essential work
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
The situation is fast-moving.
Find out the latest information on the government website at:
Who does what
We, Waverley Borough Council, are working with Public Health England and Surrey County Council to support the local situation.
Different services and government agencies are responsible for leading different parts of the response:
- Department for Health and Social Care: the Chief Medical Officer for England confirms each incident
- Public Health England: co-ordinate the response, information and advice on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- NHS: local and national NHS services are working on the front line to test individuals, and provide advice through calls to NHS 111
- Surrey County Council: provides local public health leadership by working in partnership to safeguard the county.
Click on the above links below to get the latest information on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the above services and government agencies.
- increased the cleaning regime of our offices and other premises, including senior living apartments and other community buildings
- promoted prevention advice on our website, via emails, and on social media - as well as displaying NHS advice posters in our buildings
- signposted to the latest information from gov.uk and NHS
- reviewed our established business continuity plans and prioritised key services including benefits, community meals, support to local businesses, homelessness, critical housing tenant support, and waste collection services to ensure that those who are most in need are supported.
We have also been actively communicating the latest information and advice to all stakeholders including:
- council staff
- our partner organisations.
Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 25/03/2020 14:13