Brightwells development at East Street in Farnham
Brightwells development at East Street
The Brightwells development at East Street will bring a vibrant new dimension to Farnham.
See a virtual tour of Brightwells
See a flythrough of what the redevelopment will look like.
Overview of the Brightwells development at East Street
The plans include:
- 167 new homes for sale
- 72 much needed affordable homes available to those on the Council waiting list
- six screen Odeon cinema
- new town square with landscaped gardens
- new 5 court tennis club at Riverside, including a modern pavilion and facilities
- new shops, restaurants and cafes
- bigger and better Brightwells Gostrey Centre for community use
- newly landscaped Brightwells Park available with views and paths down to the River Wey
- upgraded car parking facilities
- restoration of the Grade 2 listed listed Brightwells House
- public art on display
- pedestrianised East Street
- £375,000 for park and stride and traffic schemes in Farnham
- £750,000 towards education in Farnham
- £322,000 towards sports and leisure provision in Farnham
- £37,000 for libraries in Farnham
- over £300,000 for improvements in Farnham Park.
We need to acquire some key parts of the East Street site which remain outside Waverley's control before work can begin.
Having made the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO), this has now been confirmed by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government.
View the Brightwells CPO - Inspector's report and letter, received 28 August 2013.
You can also contact:
Waverley Borough Council
Tel: 01483 523432
Page owner: Ben Hammond. Last updated: 15/01/2014 11:25