The Brightwells Farnham Regeneration Scheme at East Street will bring a vibrant new dimension to Farnham.
New shops, restaurants, leisure and community facilities, including a cinema, will provide attractions for all age groups within the town. It will also bring major community benefits to residents, visitors and local businesses.
What will Brightwells look like?
Watch our video to find out or scroll down for more detailed information.
Artist impressions of Brightwells
Where is Brightwells?
The Brightwells Farnham Regeneration Scheme will take place to the south of East Street in Farnham, behind Sainsburys in South Street. The image below shows its location.
Overview of the Brightwells Farnham Regeneration Scheme
A new town square...
with improvements to the street environment - linking the old and newer part of the town together. This includes:
- creation of a new public square, with landscaped pathways and views to the river
- the restoration of the Grade II listed Brightwells House
- measures to ease traffic flow in and around Farnham town centre
- part pedestrianisation of East Street
- improved parking provision with upgrades to both the Dogflud and South Street car parks
- £300,000 to enhance the green space and open up the natural environment.
Great opportunities for leisure and recreation...
by bringing key brands to the town and more opportunities for shopping, eating out and leisure.
- an improved retail and leisure offer in Farnham, bringing key brands such as M&S Food, Carluccio's, Byron Burger and ASK Italian in to the town
- a new six screen cinema
- £100,000 for the provision of new public art
- £322,000 towards new sport and leisure experiences.
Investing in education, learning and development
- £751,000 to fund the delivery of primary education in Farnham
- £38,250 to support the future of library provision in Farnham
- creation of over 800 new jobs.
New home ownership options...
for first time buyers, young professionals and working households who want to continue to live in the borough.
- 239 much needed new homes will be created
- 72 homes available for shared ownership, providing affordable housing options for people who want to live in Farnham
- Government funding of £1.8 million for new homes.
Safeguarding community services
- provision for a new Gostrey/Community Centre to provide services for older residents
- refurbished Memorial Hall – open for all.
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page owner: Michelle Morley. Last updated: 28/03/2017 12:10