If we find a stray dog unattended, without identification, we will take it to Treetop Kennels.
The dog's owner will need to pay to get the dog back. Charges increase daily to a maximum of seven days.
If the dog is not collected within seven days, Treetops will try to re-home it.
Report a lost dog
If you have lost your dog please report it to us, with a full description of the dog and the time and place it was lost.
Please call the Environmental Health customer support team on 01483 523393 during office hours (Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 4.30 pm) or 02392 242161(at other times).
Opening hours for collecting a found dog
You can collect a found dog from Treetops Kennels:
- Monday - Saturday 8am - 6pm
- Sundays - 10am - 2pm
- Bank Holidays - closed
Other places to look for your lost dog
You may also like to contact:
- Other kennels in the area, including boarding kennels.
- Rehoming centres in your area, such as Dogs Trust, RSPCA, Blue Cross and National Animal Welfare Trust. You may also find that there are some small local sanctuaries. Look in your local phone directory under 'Animal Welfare' for contact details, or try your vet or library.
- If your dog is a pedigree, try local breeders. Contact the Kennel Club - 0870 6066750 for details of your local breed rescue group.
- Veterinary surgeries in your area. Sadly, your dog may have been involved in a traffic accident and been taken to the vet for treatment.
Page owner: Paul Shrimpton. Last updated: 23/07/2015 09:31