Have your say on Wey Hill (Fairground) Car Park
Waverley will apply to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs for consent under Section 38 of the Commons Act 2006 to carry out works on Wey Hill Car Park, Haslemere.
Published Monday, 22 October 2012
This consultation has now closed.
The works will involve:
- The construction of a level and even paved surface suitable for vehicles and pedestrians (including the Charter Fair and refuse vehicles), with a sustainable solution for surface water drainage
- Improvements to pedestrian access ways off public roads
- Formally laid out parking spaces in accordance with established practice, with a shopper/commuter split-use of 40%/60%
- Support infrastructure to car parking; namely lamp columns with low-carbon lanterns, and pay and display ticket machines, all fed by underground power supply
- Improvements to soft landscaping to enhance the overall appearance of the car park and improve community safety in and around the site
A formal consultation period will take place as part of the application process. However, to help with the application, we would like to invite informal feedback on the proposals from local residents, traders and interest groups, and from users of the car park.
Send us your feedback
If you would like to make any comments about these draft proposals please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in write to:
Waverley Borough Council,
The Burys, Godalming,
by 30 November 2012.