The public inquiry, scheduled to sit for 12 days, opens on 18 July 2017 at the Waverley Borough Council offices in Godalming.
If you wish to speak at the inquiry, you will need to attend the opening day of the inquiry, Tuesday 18 July at 10.00am, and advise the inspector of your request to speak. If you are part of a group, you should choose one person to be a representative.
If the inspector approves your request to speak, this will be included in the inquiry programme. If it is not possible for you to speak on the day that you attend the inquiry, you may be asked to come back at a different time and day.
You can view the evidence submitted by the council to support its position at the inquiry and the evidence submitted by other parties on the Planning Application Record : WA/2015/2395.
Following the inquiry, the Inspector will recommend to the Secretary of State the future of the application.
Joint Planning Committee decision
The inquiry follows a decision of the Joint Planning Committee that resolved to approve a Hybrid planning application for a new settlement which includes 1,800 new homes, space for new businesses, amenity space and supporting infrastructure.
Planning application and inquiry documents
View the planning application and all inquiry documentation and evidence at:
Hybrid Planning Application
The development is for:
- Part Outline proposal for a new settlement with residential development comprising 1,800 units (Use Class C3).
- 7,500sqm care accommodation (Use Class C2).
- A local centre to comprise retail, financial and professional, cafes/restaurant/takeaway and/or public house up to a total of 2,150sqm (Use Classes A1, A2, A3, A4, A5).
- New business uses including offices, and research and development industry (Use Class B1a and B1b) up to a maximum of 3,700sqm; light and general industry (Use Class B1c and B2) up to a maximum of 7,500sqm; storage and distribution (Use Class B8) up to a maximum of 11,000sqm; a further 9,966sqm of flexible commercial space (B1(b), B21(c), B2 and/or B8).
- Non-residential institutions including health centre, relocation of existing Jigsaw School into new premises and provision of new community centre (Use Class D1) up to a maximum of 9,750sqm.
- A two-form entry Primary School.
- Open space including water bodies, outdoor sports, recreational facilities, canal basin and nature conservation areas.
- Public transport routes, footpaths and cycle ways and landscaping.
- Removal of three runways.
- All related infrastructure including roads, car and cycle parking, energy plant and associated equipment, water supply, telecommunications, drainage systems and waste water treatment facilities.
- Part Full application for the demolition of 8,029sqm of existing buildings and the retention of 36,692sqm of existing buildings, for their future use for a specified purpose as defined by the Use Classes as specified in the schedule of buildings and their uses.
- Temporary use of Building 132 for a construction headquarters.
This application is accompanied by an Environmental Statement.
Find out more about current uses and permissions for Dunsfold Park.
Page owner: Ben Hammond. Last updated: 19/07/2017 17:33