What is RingGo?
RingGo is a quick, easy to use mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your parking with a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
When you park your car in an area featuring the RingGo service, you simply contact RingGo by smartphone app, calling, SMS or on-line, and pay for your parking by phone.
You can pre-register with RingGo either by using the RingGo smartphone apps (downloadable free of charge either through your handset or from the relevant store) or on the website.
If you pre-register for the service you will be asked to provide:
- The number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- Your payment card details
Alternatively you can register at the same time you want to park, either by using the RingGo app or by calling the RingGo number which is 01483 342 266
Once registered, RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and retrieves information you have given previously. This means that when you pay you only have to provide:
- The location code where you are parked. Each area offering RingGo has its own four or five digit location number (click for details of locations nationwide). Signs in the car park will provide this information.
- The length of time you want to park, and
- Your payment card 3 digit security code.
There are several ways to pay to park with RingGo:
- By smartphone app
- By calling the phone service
- By text message or
- Through the internet (either via a mobile or pc)
Details on each are provided below.
iPhone, Android, Windows phone, Blackberry 10 and Mozilla Firefox users can download a RingGo smartphone application (free of charge), through their handset or from the relevant store. The app allows you to register for the service, pay and manage your account.
To use the automated phone service, you simply call the telephone number on the signs when you want to park. RingGo will remember you (by recognising your mobile phone number) and ask you to:
- Confirm the vehicle you want to park
- Confirm the location where you want to park
- Say how long you want to stay, and
- Provide the security code from your credit card
You can use the quick and easy RingGo “text to park” option instead. So for instance, sending a message with ‘RingGo 16230 4h 867’ to 81025 will park your nominated vehicle for up to 4 hours in the Farnham Central car park.
For details on how to set up the service for your particular location please see the myRingGo website.
If you have a phone with mobile internet access, you can use the myRingGo site to pay for your parking. Simply login and complete the details.
Alternatively you can use the same link from a standard PC or other internet connected device.
For more information on all of these options, please see RingGo's website.
There is no charge for registering with RingGo and no charge for downloading or using the RingGo smartphone applications.
When you park your vehicle in one of Waverley's car parks, you will pay a 19p convenience charge on top of the normal parking tariff charges which apply. This parking charge will be shown on your monthly credit/debit card statement. Elsewhere this charge may vary.
Details of tariffs and charges for each RingGo location can be found on their website.
If you call RingGo you will be charged the standard rate as agreed with your mobile phone operator.
If you receive a free “bundle of minutes”, your call will usually be included within this.
If you use the text service, you will also pay a 10p charge for the summary text message (which you automatically receive), providing confirmation of your parking session details.
The optional parking session confirmation messages and reminder texts (alerting you when your session is about to run out), cost 10p per message.
The “Stop Parking Alert” text option refers to RingGo parking areas that use a pay on exit style parking facility. This is not offered within Waverley car parks. However, you may be charged if you activate this text option.
If you need a VAT receipt for your RingGo parking session, you can view and print it online by logging into RingGo.
If you provide them with with your e-mail address, you can opt to receive a receipt automatically every time you park. Just login and add your email address into the settings menu.
Please be aware of the following guidelines when using the service:
- If you extend a parking session, you will be charged the tariff for the total hours you have parked. Please see the tariff board in the car park or see the parking page.
- When purchasing hours that extend beyond the chargeable period (6:30pm), you will be charged the full amount. The parking session does not extend into the next chargeable day.
- If you purchase one or more “days”, each day lasts 24 hours from the time of purchase.
- Parking sessions can be booked prior to the beginning of the chargeable period (8:00am). However, your parking space will not be guaranteed if you are not already parked within the car park.
- For more information or queries regarding RingGo’s service, please visit their help centre.
Page owner: Tina Cunningham. Last updated: 08/03/2017 15:25