Following a referendum, the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2013-2031 was 'made' (adopted) by Waverley Borough Council on 28 July 2017. This now forms part of the development plan.
The document sets out a vision for the future of the town council area and planning policies that will be used to determine planning applications locally. The plan was subject to public consultation and an independent examination.
You can also view:
- the Regulation 19 Decision Statement
- the proposals map
- the report under delegated powers
- a higher resolution version of the plan from Farnham Town Council's website.
- Hard copies at:
- the planning reception, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR
- the Farnham Locality Office, South Street, Farnham, GU9 7RN and
- the Farnham Library, 28 West Street, Farnham, GU9 7DR
On Thursday 4 May 2017 referendum was held on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Residents voted to support the plan.
You can view:
- the Referendum results
- the Independent Examiner's report
- Summary of consultation responses
- Decision statement
Judicial Review Challenge
On 18 April 2017, the Council received a judicial review challenge to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Three claimants issued judicial review proceedings and a hearing was held at the High Court on 15 June. On 18 July 2017, the High Court issued its judgment and the challenge was dismissed.
- The Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (legislation.gov.uk)
- Neighbourhood Planning
Page owner: Sophie Piper. Last updated: 28/07/2017 15:06