Farnham Town Council submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to the council on 21 July 2016. It sets out a vision for the future of the town council area and planning policies that we will use to determine planning applications locally.
The plan was subject to public consultation and an independent examination.
A referendum was held on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2013 - 2031 on Thursday 4 May 2017.
The referendum question was: "Do you want Waverley Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Farnham to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
Residents voted to support the plan. It will now be 'made' (adopted) by the council, subject to the outcome of the legal challenge.
Judicial review challenge to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan
Waverley Borough Council has received a judicial review challenge to the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Three claimants have issued judicial review proceedings. A Judicial Review hearing is to be held on 15 June 2017 at the High Court.
Key referendum documents
Below are links to the specified documents for the referendum:
- Farnham Neighbourhood Plan (low resolution version). You can also download a better quality version from Farnham Town Council's website.
- Independent examiner's report
- Summary of consultation responses
- Decision statement
- Referendum Information Statement and Planning Information for voters
Find out more about the Referendum on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan.
You can also view hard copies at:
- the planning reception, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR or
- the Farnham Locality Office, South Street, Farnham, GU9 7RN.
- The Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (legislation.gov.uk)
- Neighbourhood Planning
Page owner: Sophie Piper. Last updated: 05/06/2017 10:33