Farnham Town Council submitted their Neighbourhood Plan to the council on 21 July 2016. The plan sets out a vision for the future of the town council area and planning policies that we will use to determine planning applications locally.
The plan was subject to public consultation and an independent examiner has undertaken an examination of the Neighbourhood Plan. The next stage is for Farnham residents to vote in a referendum.
Referendum on 4 May 2017
A referendum will be held on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan 2013 - 2031 on Thursday 4 May 2017.
The referendum question will be: "Do you want Waverley Borough Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Farnham to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
Key referendum documents
To help you come to an informed choice, below are links to the specified documents for the referendum:
- Farnham Neighbourhood Plan (low resolution version). You can also download a better quality version from Farnham Town Council's website.
- Independent examiner's report
- Summary of consultation responses
- Decision statement
- Referendum Information Statement and Planning Information for voters
Find out more about the Referendum on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan.
You can also view hard copies at:
- the planning reception, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR or
- the Farnham Locality Office, South Street, Farnham, GU9 7RN.
On 10 March 2017, a Decision Statement was published, confirming that all of the modifications recommended by the Examiner have been accepted and that the Plan, as modified, meets the basic conditions and can proceed to referendum. The Decision Statement was approved by the Head of Planning Services in a delegated authority report.
Farnham Town Council has written a letter to Waverley supporting the recommended modifications.
The council received the Examiner's 'Report on the Farnham Neighbourhood Development Plan 2013-2031' on 22 February 2017. This is published on both Waverley and Farnham Town Council's websites. The Examiner has found that subject to a number of modifications, the plan meets the Basic Conditions and other legal requirements and can proceed to Referendum.
Background information about Examination
In September 2016 the council appointed an independent examiner, Derek Stebbing, to undertake an Examination of the Neighbourhood Plan to review whether it meets the Basic Conditions required by legislation and should proceed to referendum. All comments received during the consultation were collated and sent to the Examiner.
Following his review of the draft plan, the representations made and other supporting documents submitted the Examiner, Mr Derek Stebbing, held a public hearing on Friday 25 November between 10am and 5pm 2016 at Farnham Town Council, Farnham. The hearing was open to members of the public to attend but only invited representatives were permitted to take part in discussions.
Farnham Neighbourhood Plan documents submitted in July 2016
- Proposed Submitted Farnham Neighbourhood Plan
- Map of Designated Areas
- Consultation Statement and Appendices (Part 1, Part 2)
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Habitat Regulations Screening Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment (non-technical summary)]
- Statement of the Representations Procedure
|19 February 2013||Under the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations Waverley designated the area that the Farnham Neighbourhood Development Plan is to cover.|
|November / December 2014||
Farnham Town Council undertook a consultation on their draft Neighbourhood Plan (Regulation 14 in The Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012).
|21 July 2016||Farnham Town Council approved the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan for submission to Waverley.|
|19 August - 3 October 2016||Public consultation (Regulation 16 in The Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012).|
|5 October 2016||Comments collated for independent examiner|
|5 October 2016||Plan proposal and comments submitted to examiner (Regulation 17 in The Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012)|
|25 November 2016||Examiner conducted one day hearing.|
|22 February 2017||Examiner's draft report is published.|
|March 2017||Decision Statement published|
|4 May 2017||Referendum|
The council undertook its statutory consultation on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan between Friday 19 August to Monday 3 October 2016.
A total of 202 representations were received on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan. Each representation has been given a reference number. The reference sheet below lists the responses received and the reference number assigned to it. You can then use the links below to read the full text.
Due to the number of representations received they have been uploaded in manageable files.
WBCFNP01 - WBCFNP100 (PDF) - This document contains responses 01 to 100
WBCFNP101 - WBCFNP152 (PDF) - This document contains responses 101 to 152
WBCFNP153 part 1 of 2 (PDF) - Due to its size representation 153 has been split into Part 1 and Part 2. This document contains part 1 of response 153.
WBCFNP153 part 2 of 2 (PDF) - Due to its size representation 153 has been split into Part 1 and Part 2. This document contains Part 2 of response 153.
WBCFNP154 - WBCFNP166 (PDF) - This document contains responses 154 to 166
WBCFNP 167 part 1 of 2 (PDF) - Due to its size representation 167 has been split into Part 1 and Part 2. This document contains Part 1 of response 167.
WBCFNP167 part 2 of 2 (PDF) - Due to its size representation 167 has been split into Part 1 and Part 2. This document contains Part 2 of response 167.
WBCFNP168 - WBCFNP202 (PDF) - This document contains responses 168 to 202
The following documents were issued prior to the hearing:
The following documents contained requests for clarification/ information from either the Town Council or Waverley, and responses to them are published below:
- Matters and issues for discussion (PDF)
- Guidance and directions including comments and queries on the neighbourhood development plan (PDF)
- Miscellaneous technical points and queries (PDF)
Documents submitted to the examiner by Waverley and Farnham Town Council on 15 November 2016
- Statement of Common Ground on Housing Land Supply and other matters
- Comments and Queries on the Farnham Neighbourhood Plan - answers from both authorities to the queries in the 'Guidance and Directions' note. The supporting documents for this are:
- Map showing a comparison of Farnham Neighbourhood Plan Built Up Area and Local Plan 2002 settlement boundaries
- Two maps showing the proposed restoration of Runfold South Quarry (Funnell Plan and Whole Site restoration)
- Miscellaneous Technical Points and Queries - answers from Farnham TC. The supporting documents for this are:
Documents submitted to Examiner after 15 November 2016
- Email from Mrs E. G. Cattell regarding Representation 169 Land at Runfold.
- List of Invited Speakers
- Advice from Rupert Warren QC on behalf of Bewley Homes, Catesby Group and Wates Developments
- Annex K Stonegate Homes - submitted with Rupert Warren QC advice on behalf of Bewley Homes, Catesby Group and Wates Developments.
- Legal Opinion from Paul Brown QC in respect of that submitted by Rupert Warren QC
Documents tabled at the Hearing held on 25 November 2016
Documents submitted to Examiner after 25 November 2016
Page owner: . Last updated: 22/03/2017 14:59