Before you submit your planning application, please make sure you collate all the required plans and documents so that we can process your application.
Download the Local requirements documents to use as a checklist.
Please check that you:
- add the correct information to the ownership certificate, include other parties affected. eg - your neighbours if you are building an extension on their party wall
- submit a Biodiversity Checklist
- add a site location plan. You can buy a planning map on the Planning Portal
- show the existing situation and the proposed scheme adequately and accurately on the plans
- have paid the appropriate fee, as we cannot progress you application until you have paid.
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
From 1 March 2019, some developments will need to pay the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
A CIL Additional Information Requirement Form (Form 0) will be requested to validate all applications for:
- full planning permission, including householder applications
- reserved matters following an outline planning permission
- lawful development certificates.
This applies from these dates:
- 9 November 2018 for applications subject to an Environmental Impact Assessment
- 30 November 2018 for major planning applications
- 4 January 2019 for minor planning applications and other applications.
Where an outline application is granted prior to 1 March 2019 but reserved matters are approved after this date, CIL will not be payable. However, the submission of Form 0 will be required to confirm this. See CIL overview for more information.
Planning application fees
See the latest Schedule of planning fees (Planning Portal website).
How to apply
You can combine applications on one form, for example, a householder application with a listed building consent.
Alternatively, you can download and print the relevant planning forms and return them with the correct fee.
Pay planning fee
If you apply via the Planning Portal, please pay via the Planning Portal as well. We will only receive your application from the Planning Portal after you have paid.
Other planning fees
To pay for applications submitted by other means, or to pay an additional planning fee, please pay online:
Need help with your planning application?
If you would like help in making a planning application, you could:
- get free advice from Planning Aid England
- contact one of our local accredited planning agents
- find a registered architect on the ARB website.
Page owner: Ben Hammond. Last updated: 01/11/2018 12:42