Once we receive a planning application, we will:
- contact the owners of surrounding properties of the site
- send planning applications to local libraries, town and parish councils and the local press
- publish applications via RSS and twitter, plus plans and drawings on the Planning applications online enquiry system
- consider all comments made by the specified date
- carry out a visit to the site
- aim to make a decision on the application within eight weeks.
- need to display a yellow site notice in a prominent position
- can check the progress of the application online on the Planning applications online enquiry system. This includes dates, deadlines and comments received.
Small scale developments
Small scale developments, such as single dwellings, extensions, porches, garages, are decided by the Head of Planning.
All other applications are considered by an Area Planning Committee composed of local borough councillors and attended by members of the public as observers.
If the application has received five or more letters of comment from the public (from different addresses) then an objector, the Town or Parish Council and a supporter can put their views to the committee.
When the decision has been made, you will receive a formal decision notice.
If your application is approved, it may contain conditions.
You must start building work within three years of the decision and other approvals may be needed before work can start (eg covenants or Building Regulations).
Page owner: Ben Hammond. Last updated: 16/06/2015 13:24